Director, Product & Implementation
- Information Technology - Product Management
- Remote, FL, USA
- Full Time
- medical, dental, vision, 401K match, and more
The Director, Product & Implementation is responsible for providing leadership over a team that engages in project management, product ownership, product management, and implementation services. The Director will ensure that best practices are followed so that enterprise initiatives are following repeatable and scalable processes with efficiency in mind. The scope of work under the Director includes but is not limited to regulatory updates, product feature enhancements and implementation services. Implementations may include new programs, new software products and/or a project that benefits the organization.
The Director will aid in managing the organization's portfolio and drive initiatives that support the organization's roadmap. All product and implementation work will be aligned to the organization's strategic objectives. The Director will work closely with the VP of IT Solutions as well as members of the Senior Leadership Team and will help guide others throughout the organization to ensure strategy alignment.
Great care should be taken to ensure that the technology solutions that meet the business needs of the enterprise are delivered while also balancing the financial objectives and real-world constraints associated with a fast-paced, high growth organization. The Director ensures the continued success of these areas while simultaneously minimizing costs and maximizing resource utilization. The position requires leadership influence inside and outside of IT and the ability to present ideas clearly with people at a variety of levels. The Director provides thought leadership and portfolio reporting to the Senior Leadership Team.
- Defines, communicates, and executes the product and implementation strategies across the organization.
- Prioritizes initiatives so that they are aligned with the organization's strategic objectives.
- Aligns the product roadmap across teams and manages inter-team dependencies.
- Directs people to focus and works on the appropriate strategies to achieve the strategic objectives.
- Identifies, communicates and mitigates risks associated with cross-product efforts.
- Promotes and encourages proactive thought leadership and creative recommendations from product owners in-tune with organizational needs.
- Manages and leads a group of project managers, product managers, owners, implementation specialists, and support staff.
- Provides oversight and guidance to the team for the effective and timely execution of projects.
- Provides transparency keeping Executive and Senior Leadership informed of product and project updates, resolving and/or escalating project issues in a timely fashion.
- Schedules and balances team activities to meet deadlines for deliverables and meetings.
- Ensures compliance with best practices and industry standards as it relates to policies and procedures.
- Manages and oversees department, product and project budgets.
- Maintains handbooks, procedures, organizational and team charts, and other shared information.
- Delivers engaging, informative and well-organized presentations.
- Prepares status reports quantitatively reporting results of staff and business unit activities, i.e. metrics that give visibility to performance, utilization, reliability, availability, and budget.
- Identifies potential areas where existing policies and procedures require change, or where new ones need to be developed, especially regarding future business expansion improving efficiency and productivity.
- Reviews workload and staffing requirements and make recommendations regarding employment, promotions, salary adjustments, and termination. Perform employee counseling and work performance evaluations as requested.
- Meets professional obligations through efficient work habits such as meeting deadlines, honoring schedules, coordinating resources and meetings in an effective and timely manner, and demonstrate respect for others.
The above is not an all-inclusive list of all duties performed by this job title, only a representative summary of the primary duties and responsibilities. Incumbent may be required to perform other additional duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science or Information Systems, minimum seven years of experience Microsoft operating systems, minimum two years in portfolio or project management role and minimum two years of experience leading and/or managing technology solutions OR an equivalent combination of education and experience. Master's Degree in Project Management, Computer Science or Information Systems, preferred. Industry certifications in project management, quality assurance, technology service management, technology solution implementations or software disciplines preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve complex issues.
- Ability to acquire a thorough understanding of the business/client environment and systems, connectivity and application technological alternatives.
- Ability to manage multiple enterprise level/high traffic projects, meet deadlines, interface with different company business units and work in a fast-paced technology driven environment.
- Demonstrated interviewing skills for talking with individuals and groups about their needs and ability to ask the effective questions to surface essential requirements information.
- Actively works to build and maintain successful intra-team and inter-team relationships throughout the organization and with internal and/or external key stakeholders.
- Values and seeks ongoing candid feedback to achieve greater awareness and strengthen performance.
- Ability to critically evaluate information from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high level information into details and abstract low-level information to a more general understanding.
- Ability to decompose a project into distinct work packages and determine appropriate resource requirements for each work package.
- Ability to distinguish user requests from the underlying business needs and distinguish solution ideas from requirements.
- Knowledge and in-depth understanding of contemporary requirements elicitation, analysis, specification, verification, and management practices and the ability to apply them in a fast-paced business environment.
- Knowledge of product management concepts and how products are positioned and developed.
- Drive quality into the company culture by contributing to internal initiatives.
- Proven skills in the effective use of software-based project management systems.
- Ability to work with people to establish goals, objectives, and action plans.
- Excellent leadership capabilities, strong judgment, and the ability to work effectively with and influence clients, team members, management and external groups.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and planning ability.
Step Up For Students believes strongly in its two core values, and it is the responsibility of all employees to demonstrate these values in their everyday work in order to maintain a positive and effective organizational culture.
Everyone is an asset.
Every event is an improvement opportunity.
This position occasionally requires the abilities of standing, walking, repetitive finger motion, lifting or exerting forces up to 50lbs., reaching or stretching, climbing or balancing, crouching or stooping, crawling, depth perception.
This position frequently requires the abilities of sitting, fingering or manual dexterity, speaking, hearing and seeing colors.
This position is remote.