- Information Technology - Product Management
- Remote, FL, USA
- Full Time
- medical, dental, vision, 401K match, and more
The Manager, Delivery is considered a servant leader responsible for removing obstacles in the way of delivery and helping assigned teams in delivery. This position will align and deliver work assigned to a team as indicated by Product Owners, Product and other managers. The Manager, Delivery will be assigned by leadership to one or more teams which they will support.
- Delivers projects and products using the appropriate project management methodology, learning & iterating frequently through retrospectives and other techniques.
- Reduces noise and protects the team from any external and unnecessary distractions.
- Leads the collaborative, dynamic planning process; prioritizes the work that needs to be done against the capacity and capability of the team.
- Works with Product Owners to define priorities across teams, as needed.
- Provides Agile coaching, diplomacy, leadership (including servant leadership), communication, and facilitation.
- Creates an environment for success, helps teams self-organize and develops a culture of learning and transparency.
- Regularly initiates collaboration with stakeholders to understand business problems and product needs and attends respective leadership meetings.
- Works with assigned teams to define the roadmap for any given product and facilitates or coaches creation of user stories, releases plans and any other key SDLC deliverables to ensure high quality and timely delivery.
- Assures backlog items meet the definition of ready or definition of done in collaboration with the Product Owner, Product Manager and team members.
- Partners with team members to identify, document, communicate, and mitigate risks and issues, including working with stakeholders and team to mitigate risks and remove roadblocks.
- Ensures team considers quality as part of delivery, measurable through lower defects in production, satisfied customers, and timely deliveries.
- Works to improve trust and team dynamics; encourages and motivates teams, helps team to focus on what is most important.
- Delivers informative and well‐organized presentations and briefings to management as needed.
- Meets professional obligations through efficient work habits such as meeting deadlines, honoring schedules, coordinates resources and meetings in an effective and timely manner and demonstrates respect for others.
- Triages any delivery production issues in collaboration with the various impacted teams, in alignment with the priorities of the organization, and ensures that team(s) adapt accordingly.
- Other miscellaneous tasks which support the team's delivering value.
The above is not an all-inclusive list of all duties performed by this job title, only a representative summary of the primary duties and responsibilities. Incumbent may be required to perform other additional duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree and a minimum of five years of experience as a full-time Product Owner, ScrumMaster or Agile Coach OR an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience. Prior experience on agile teams with proven record of delivery and product successes in previous positions. Hands-on experience delivering all stages of the product life cycle.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Technical background with knowledge of software development and web technologies.
- In-depth understanding of Agile methodologies, technical understanding of products, and up-to date on industry standards and best practices.
- Strong at delivering executive level project presentations.
- Able to quickly understand the functionality of a product.
- Comfortable working with multiple teams, in-house and remote; strong team player. Ability to build strong interpersonal relationships.
- Comfortable with making decisions with some level of uncertainty.
- Must have the ability to engage with all levels of the business and be able to quickly read what the audience is after.
- Must be articulate, a good listener and possess the ability to persuade teams to work to their highest potential.
- Accurate and precise attention to detail. Ability to ask probing questions, investigate, and research possible solutions to problems.
- Ability to work independently and take charge without much involvement from others.
- Ability to work in a changing environment and can be flexible with change.
- Strong interviewing and facilitation skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Sound judgment and decision-making abilities.
- Problem‐solving (root cause analysis) and conflict resolution skills.
Step Up For Students believes strongly in two key core values, and it is the responsibility of all employees to demonstrate these values in their everyday work in order to maintain a positive and effective organizational culture.
Each person is an asset.
Every challenge is an opportunity for improvement.
This position regularly requires the abilities of sitting, fingering or manual dexterity, grasping, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
This position is remote.