Help Desk Technician
- - Information Technology
- Clearwater, FL, USA
- $34 - $46K
- Full Time
- medical, dental, vision, 401K match, and more
The Help Desk Technician is responsible for the day-to-day administration, troubleshooting and maintenance of desktop systems and applications. Serves as the first point of contact for customers that need technical assistance over the phone, email or in-person. The technician must have good technical knowledge and the ability to communicate solutions effectively. The ability to respond and support the systems in a timely manner is critical. This position will report to the Manager, IT Operations Support.
• Provide direct or over the phone support related to PCs, laptops, telecom devices, software applications and user access to the corporate network for remote individuals.
• Respond to requests and incidents in the designated ITSM application and log support activities accordingly.
• Coordinate support and repair efforts with third party vendors and onsite personnel.
• Build, configure and physically set up computers, printers and accessories.
• Maintain daily support of audio & video equipment.
• Participate in the development and implementation of new business processes that improve efficiency and enhance productivity.
• Maintain or develop training material, how-to guidance docs and knowledgebase articles for departmental or corporate use.
• Provide systems training to new employees during new hire orientation.
• Evaluate computer systems based on the company's corporate hardware policy.
• Assist the Infrastructure team in lower level projects or tasks.
• Participate in "On-Call" rotation for after-hours support.
• Occasional travel to other office locations.
The above is not an all-inclusive list of all duties performed by this job title, only a representative summary of the primary duties and responsibilities. Incumbent may be required to perform other additional duties as assigned.
This position requires an Associate's degree or equivalent certification Thorough knowledge of current and future technology solutions for the Internet; hand held devices; personal computers; and networks.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Proven time management skills; able to multi-task.
• Ability to work independently and as a team member.
• Excellent customer service and support skills.
• Strong knowledge of Windows Operating systems for workstations
• Ability to troubleshoot Windows Server Operating systems (Server 2008 R2, Server 2012 R2)
• Good understating of Active Directory
• Able to work well under pressure.
• Exhibit professional demeanor.
• Ability to take direction and follow through with assignments.
• Good planning, organizing and problem-solving skills.
• Use initiative, exercise good judgment, and exhibit business savvy orientation.
• Very strong conceptual, analytical, judgment and communication abilities are critical.
• Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 and its products, especially Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook.
• Knowledge of basic networking, client machine installation onto a network and local area troubleshooting.
Step Up For Students believes strongly in two key core values, and it is the responsibility of all employees to demonstrate these values in their everyday work in order to maintain a positive and effective organizational culture.
Everyone is an asset.
Every event is an improvement opportunity.
This position regularly requires the abilities of sitting, fingering or manual dexterity, climbing, walking, lifting, stooping and crouching, grasping, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
This position is an office environment with very limited exposure to any outside fumes, odors, heat and/or weather conditions.