Executive Business Support Manager
- - Human Resources
- FL, USA
- Full Time
This position reports to the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO), with dotted line reporting to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and is responsible for helping to implement the strategic and tactical agendas of the organization. Duties include ensuring the CAO and CFO have the information and advice needed when making key decisions, representing the CAO and CFO in interactions with Step Up leaders and external organizations, and other tasks as assigned by the CAO and CFO. This position requires high levels of initiative accuracy, precision, confidence, adaptability, flexibility and confidentiality. The position also requires that the employee be operationally efficient, have a level of intelligence and integrity, and understands the importance emotional intelligence when interacting in all business settings.
- Provide regular updates to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) regarding progress and improvement opportunities. Look ahead for opportunities and provide ideas and solutions for the CFO and CAO to consider.
- Represent the CFO and CAO in meetings with Step Up leaders and external organizations.
- Execute key strategic, tactical, and operational tasks, including leading initiatives and delegating projects to staff as needed.
- Act as an extension to the CAO and CFO in various situations and takes detailed notes, follows up with tasks and ensures other staff members are held accountable.
- Coordinate calendar activities with the Executive Assistant to the CFO and CAO to optimize efficiency and ensure appropriate communications occur.
- Track CFO's and CAO's tasks and projects to ensure appropriate prioritization of projects with respect to deadlines and organizational developments.
- Ensure logistical and substantive preparation for internal and external meetings for CFO and CAO.
- Demonstrate poise and tact under pressure and handle matters with sound judgement and confidentiality.
- Provide special project leadership and support as needed.
- Conduct preliminary research on a variety of topics; draft materials as needed.
- Ensure the CFO and CAO have the information and advice needed when making key decisions.
- Assist with drafting of internal and external communications of the CAO and CFO, including but not limited to emails, memos and presentations.
The above is a representative summary of the primary duties and responsibilities performed by the employee. Incumbent may be required to perform other additional duties as assigned.
A bachelor's degree plus 3-5 years working with leaders and executives, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Excellent cognitive and emotional management skills. Excellent decision-making and problem-solving skills. Experience in process management and improvement. Experience managing confidential information properly. Ability to use Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office programs proficiently and with little to no supervision.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to inform and advise the CFO and CAO regarding critical decisions.
- Ability to deliver important messages in a professional, confidential, and tactful way internally and externally.
- Ability to help employees create, implement, and continually improve personal development plans.
- Proficiency in using a variety of computer software applications, especially Word, Excel and other MS Office programs.
- Ability to analyze data to determine trends and inform decisions.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Exceptional diplomacy and interpersonal skills, including active listening.
- Keen observational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines.
- Excellent time management skills.
- A self-starter, solution focused, and most importantly, realize that you are joining something that is a mission larger than your job, your career and even this organization.
- Enthusiasm to learn and take on new tasks.
- Ability to work independently.
- An understanding of the complexities surrounding a matrix organization.
- Highly organized, detail oriented and self-motivated.
- Collaborative mindset and strong interpersonal skills.
- Remains positive in high pressure and stressful situations.
- Demonstrates curiosity, critical thinking, communication, and relationship-building skills.
- Flexible and resourceful approach.
- Strong follow through, results-focus and adherence to deliverable deadlines.
Step Up For Students believes strongly in two key core values. It is the responsibility of all employees to demonstrate these values in their everyday work to maintain a positive and effective organizational culture.
Everyone is an asset.
Every event is an improvement opportunity.
This position regularly requires the abilities of standing, walking, sitting, grasping, talking, hearing, seeing and depth perception.
This position may require monthly travel. 10-20% of position's time may be spent outside the home office. Ability to travel via air and/or automobile is required.
This position is an office environment with some exposure to outside fumes, odors, heat and/or weather conditions when traveling to and from business events.