Lead Software Developer
- - Information Technology
- FL, USA
- Full Time
- Medical, Dental, 401K and more!
The Lead Software Developer is an individual contributor role and serves in a technical subject matter expert position responsible for the design, building, deployment and support of custom software applications and product integrations. This role provides guidance to the team in best practices and is also charged with providing specific tiered support for custom applications. The Lead Software Developer will provide weekly status updates to the IT leadership for ongoing projects and operational activities. Requires participation in the modification of software applications or architecture to resolve issues and plan for future growth, and acts as the subject matter expect for application code across multiple lines of business.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for technical project and application decisions
- Mentor and guide other software developers in best practices for application development
- Develop and manage effective working relationships with other departments, groups or personnel with whom work must be coordinated.
- Develop, test, document and implement highly available and high-quality applications on time and in accordance with specifications and supporting documents.
- Analyze performance of programs and take proactive actions to correct any discrepancies.
- Help drive and Adhere to development standards that allow for maintenance of software systems that supports team development.
- Develops integrations between in-house and 3rd party applications or systems.
- Leads and participates in technology upgrade efforts planning and execution
- Provide troubleshooting and resolution of support issues.
- Provide consultation for the evaluation of software systems.
- Provide the implementation and deployment of new software systems.
- Take ownership and provide support of implemented and deployed software systems.
- Set technical visions for various projects and operational initiatives.
- Identify new or additional opportunities for all services provided by the IT department.
- Assist in defining IT department standards and best practices.
- Ensure technology standards and best practices are met on projects and operational activities.
- Contribute to all phases of development life cycle.
- Creates and maintains technical documentation.
The above is not an all-inclusive list of all duties performed by this job title, only a representative summary of the primary duties and responsibilities. Incumbent may be required to perform other additional duties as assigned.
Although not fundamental to the job, these functions are required to be performed periodically or infrequently or may be reassigned.
- Follows the strategic direction of the department as a whole and provide suggestions to improve the company and department processes.
- Maintains an in-depth technical expertise in all areas of Microsoft products and industry trends.
- Provides suggestions to improve the company and department processes.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field. (Master's Preferred)
- 7+ years developing enterprise web applications using Microsoft technologies, .NET Core and Framework, including strong grasp of C#, WCF, and Web API, with at least 3 years in Microsoft Azure cloud development. (Azure Certification preferred)
- 7+ years of experience in .NET software development technology stacks.
- 7+ years of experience with Microsoft SQL Server creating stored procedures and schema design.
- 5+ years of experience using software repository tools such as TFS or Git.
- 5+ years of experience with integrating and working with e-commerce systems
- 3+ years of experience with Angular (Node.js and React.js experience are a plus)
- 3+ years of experience integrating with ERP and financial systems. (Highly Preferred)
- People management experience is a plus, but not required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to lead work efforts and drive technology decisions in a team.
- Thorough knowledge of current technology solutions for internet, hand-held/mobile devices, personal computers and networks.
- Advanced experience with performance profiling and tuning of web applications.
- Advanced experience on how to use, maintain, monitor, and deploy to Microsoft Azure and on-prem servers.
- Advanced experience in debugging, performance profiling, and tuning of .NET applications.
- Experience working within an iterative development and continuous integration process and other systems development life cycles.
- Experience working within a DevSecOps environment.
- Comprehensive experience in overall end-to-end Software Engineering in an agile environment.
- Decision making skills as it relates to complex system issues.
- Good planning, organizing and problem-solving skills.
- Use initiative, exercise good judgment, and exhibit business savvy orientation.
- Very strong conceptual, analytical, judgment and communication abilities.
- Very strong teamwork and mentoring skills.
Each and every person is a valuable asset.
Every challenge is an opportunity for improvement.
This position regularly requires the abilities of sitting, fingering or manual dexterity, climbing, walking, lifting, grasping, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
This position is an office environment with very limited exposure to any outside fumes, odors, heat and/or weather conditions.