Sr. Systems Administrator
- - Information Technology
- Jacksonville, FL, USA
- Full Time
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K and more!
Provides system stability and availability as well as improves the system performance through detailed analysis of metrics and testing processes. Partner with security, developers, QA and other system/database administrators to Improve efficiency, accuracy, and security of the system by automating manual processes.
- Design, implement and support new systems according to documented plans and published change control processes.
- Administer systems to ensure their continued operations through physical inspection and proactive review of application logs and system consoles.
- Review system generated alerts/warnings/errors as well as reported issues to determine the root cause. Prepare action plans, participate in peer reviews, and document, test, and implement solutions & fixes.
- Respond to requests and incidents in the designated queue of the problem management system.
- Compose, maintain and update operating procedures and training documentation.
- Disaster recovery monitoring, management and hardening.
- System and environment monitoring, optimization, management and hardening.
- Participate in "On-Call" rotation for after-hours support.
- Coordinate support and repair efforts with vendors and onsite personnel.
- Research and propose recommendations for enhancing approaches for support services.
- Provide weekly status report updates for current projects.
- Provide mentorship and training to others; promote an atmosphere of knowledge-sharing.
- Provide Tier III/other support per requests from various constituencies. Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
- Meet professional obligations through efficient work habits such as, meeting deadlines, honoring schedules, coordinating resources and meetings in an effective and timely manner, and demonstrate respect for others. All work responsibilities are subject to having performance goals and/or targets established.
The above is not an all-inclusive list of all duties performed by this job title, only a representative summary of the primary duties and responsibilities. Incumbent may be required to perform other additional duties as assigned.
- Disaster Recovery planning and testing.
- Act as Infrastructure team's subject matter export & information resource for cloud services (Azure and AWS)
- Stress testing & performance evaluation of environment included but not limited to server resources, network through-put/bandwidth and storage I/O.
- Follow the strategic direction of the department as a whole and provide suggestions to improve the company and department processes.
- Maintain an in-depth technical expertise in all areas of system and network products and industry trends.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proven ability to setup, configure, and support 3rd party systems including Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS), and SharePoint.
- Proven ability to setup and configure applications utilizing Internet Information Services (IIS) in a Windows Server environment.
- Demonstrated high level knowledge of PowerShell & hands on experience utilizing it for automation of manual tasks.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Network Routing and Switching (Cisco & Meraki), Firewalls (Palo Alto), Wireless (Meraki).
- Demonstrated knowledge of cloud services (Azure, AWS, Office365).
- Understanding of general Cyber Security practices and procedures
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Systems or Associate Degree and 4 years of work experience. 5+ years supporting enterprise-class systems. 7+ years of experience with Microsoft operating systems preferably 2016 and later. 3+ years of experience with cloud technologies. Azure Cloud with certifications preferred (AZ-301 or AZ-400) and experience with Linux or Unix a plus.
Each and every person is a valuable asset.
Every challenge is an opportunity for improvement.
This position regularly requires the abilities of sitting, fingering or manual dexterity, climbing, walking, lifting, grasping, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
This position is an office environment with very limited exposure to any outside fumes, odors, heat and/or weather conditions.