Jr. Help Desk Technician (Part-Time)
- - Information Technology
- St. Petersburg, FL, USA
- Part Time
The Jr. Help Desk Technician is responsible for the day-to-day administration, troubleshooting and maintenance of desktop systems and applications. Serves as the first point of contact for customers that need technical assistance over the phone, email or in-person. The technician must have good technical knowledge and the ability to communicate solutions effectively. The ability to respond and support the systems in a timely manner is critical. This is a part-time position of 25 hours a week, the role requires flexible time/availability to meet business demands. This position will report to the Manager, IT Operations Support.
- Provide direct or over the phone support related to PCs, laptops, telecom devices, software applications and user access to the corporate network for remote individuals.
- Respond to requests and incidents in the designated ITSM application and log support activities accordingly.
- Coordinate support and repair efforts with third party vendors and onsite personnel.
- Build, configure and physically set up computers, printers and accessories.
- Setup and Maintain support of audio & video equipment.
- Participate in the development and implementation of new business processes that improve efficiency and enhance productivity.
- Maintain or develop training material, how-to guidance docs and knowledgebase articles for departmental or corporate use.
- Provide systems training to new employees during new hire orientation.
- Assist the Infrastructure team in lower level projects or tasks.
The above is not an all-inclusive list of all duties performed by this job title, only a representative summary of the primary duties and responsibilities. Incumbent may be required to perform other additional duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or equivalent is required. Associate's or Bachelor's degree or equivalent certification is preferred. Thorough knowledge of current and future technology solutions for the Internet; handheld devices; personal computers; and networks.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Knowledge of basic networking and client machine installation onto a local network
- Excellent customer service and support skills.
- Strong knowledge of Windows Operating systems for workstations
- Good understating of Active Directory
- Basic understanding of Audio and Video systems
- Exhibit professional demeanor.
- Ability to take direction and follow through with assignments.
- Good planning, organizing and problem-solving skills.
- Use initiative, exercise good judgment, and exhibit business savvy orientation.
- Very strong conceptual, analytical, judgment and communication abilities are critical.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 and its products, especially Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook.
Step Up For Students believes strongly in two key core values (Everyone is an asset &
Every event is an improvement opportunity), and it is the responsibility of all employees to demonstrate these values in their everyday work in order to maintain a positive and effective organizational culture.
This position regularly requires the abilities of sitting, fingering or manual dexterity, climbing, walking, lifting, stooping and crouching, grasping, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
This position is an office environment with very limited exposure to any outside fumes, odors, heat and/or weather conditions.