Information Security Specialist
- - Information Technology
- Jacksonville, FL, USA
- Full Time
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k and more!
This position will work with the Director of Information Security, managers, and other organizational members necessary to perform duties to aid in the completion of information security projects that reinforce the information security & privacy management program and practice.
- Support and administer the implementation of security measures for information systems to regulate access to computer data files and prevent unauthorized modification, destruction, or disclosure of information.
- Protect systems by defining access privileges, control structures, and resources.
- Implement security improvements by assessing the current security environment, evaluating trends, and anticipating requirements.
- Perform initial and periodic privacy and security risk assessments and conduct ongoing monitoring activities in coordination with the organizations other compliance and audit functions.
- Evaluate new products, information systems, architectures for compliance with company security policies.
- Track efficiencies of security controls implemented in support of the organizations security objectives.
- Assist in access reviews to ensure privacy principles are applied to applications, networks, and other areas that are defined or within audit scope.
- Assist in reviewing vulnerability reports, app scan findings, IDS/IPS logs, and log monitoring applications to identify and prioritize findings and escalate unusual activity.
- Evaluate the impact of technical and business changes and re-engineering efforts, and all system development projects relevant to information security & privacy controls.
- Assist with external audits including all related compliance/audit issues, corrective action plans, process control manuals, and documentation. This includes direct interaction with any 3rd party providers.
- Review violations of computer security and data privacy practices and discuss security procedures to ensure violations are not repeated.
- Assist and promote activities to foster privacy and security awareness and compliance within the organization.
- Assist in development and support of organization-wide privacy policies and procedures, including without limitation to:
- Security standards
- Security processes
- Vulnerability assessments and reports
- Recordkeeping and administrative requirements
- Support for security compliance activities
The above is not an all inclusive list of all duties performed by this job title, only a representative summary of the primary duties and responsibilities. Incumbent may be required to perform other additional duties as assigned.
This position requires 3-5 years of experience working in a computer science related field. Recognized security related certificate (Security+, SSCP, CCSP, etc.) Degree or equivalent work experience in a computer science/security related discipline. Familiarity with application security, database technologies used to store enterprise information, directory services, and information systems auditing. Experience working with information and network security practices, software, and hardware. Understanding of business/technology controls to manage confidential data throughout its lifecycle. Active and industry recognized security credentials a plus. Reasonable working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite including Microsoft Visio.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong communications skills (written and oral)
- Must have ability to work from home when needed, but most of the time will be in the office
- Evenings and/or weekend work may be required to meet organization and regulatory deadlines
Step Up For Students believes strongly in two key core values, and it is the responsibility of all employees to demonstrate these values in their everyday work in order to maintain a positive and effective organizational culture.
Everyone is an asset.
Every event is an improvement opportunity.
This position regularly requires the abilities of sitting, fingering or manual dexterity, climbing, walking, lifting, grasping, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
This position is an office environment with very limited exposure to any outside fumes, odors, heat and/or weather conditions.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media