Business Intelligence Developer
- - Information Technology
- Jacksonville / Remote, FL, USA
- Full Time
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K and more!
The Business Intelligence Developer is responsible for the development, deployment and support of custom data and business intelligence solutions. This position will report to the Director of Business Intelligence and Data.
- Develops, tests, documents and implements high quality Business Intelligence solutions using tools such as the Microsoft BI stack including SSRS, SSIS, SSAS, and T-SQL stored procedures as well as MDX and Power BI in accordance with specifications and supporting documents.
- Proactively analyzes performance of stored procedures, queries and reports in order to take actions to correct any discrepancies.
- Adheres to standards that allow for maintenance of data systems that supports team development.
- Provides troubleshooting and resolution of support issues.
- Provides the implementation and deployment of data solutions.
- Creates and develops SQL scripts to execute data test strategies in order to verify enhancements meet business requirements and data is at an acceptable quality threshold.
- Works with IT counterparts and management team to employ analysis and design techniques including database schema design to ensure business goals are met.
- Develops and manages effective working relationships with other departments, groups or personnel with whom work must be coordinated.
The above is not an all-inclusive list of all duties performed by this job title, only a representative summary of the primary duties and responsibilities. Incumbent may be required to perform other additional duties as assigned.
A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems; or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience. Five years of SQL OLTP or Data Warehouse development experience. Three years of development experience with Microsoft SQL Server components including T-SQL, MDX, SSIS, SSRS, and SSAS. Three years of developing and delivering database solutions in an enterprise environment. Experience with visualization software such as Power BI. Experience of Version Control Systems such as Microsoft Team Foundation Server or other comparable systems. Experience of integration with Azure data sources is preferred. MCTS (Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist), MCSA (Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate) or MCSE (Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert) in SQL Server / Data Platform is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Possesses an understanding of information systems, data modeling, business intelligence, relational and dimensional database design and knowledge of how to access multiple information sources for analytical purposes.
- Knowledge of and the ability to apply best practices including change management, effective error handling and performance instrumentation.
- Ability to develop and optimize T-SQL statements, stored procedures, database schema, Microsoft SQL Reporting Services Reports, visualizations and Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services Packages.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to take initiative, be innovative, exercise good judgment and exhibit business savvy orientation.
- Excellent conceptual, analytical, and judgment abilities.
Step Up For Students believes strongly in two key core values, and it is the responsibility of all employees to demonstrate these values in their everyday work in order to maintain a positive and effective organizational culture.
Everyone is an asset.
Every event is an improvement opportunity.
This position occasionally requires the abilities of standing, walking, lifting or exerting forces up to 20lbs., reaching or stretching, climbing or balancing, crouching or stooping, crawling, depth perception.
This position frequently requires the abilities of sitting, fingering or manual dexterity, repetitive finger motion, speaking, hearing and seeing colors.
This position is an office environment with very limited exposure to any outside fumes, odors, heat and/or weather conditions.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media