Jr. Systems Administrator
- - Information Technology
- Jacksonville, FL, USA
- Full Time
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k and more.
Provides system stability and availability as well as improves the system performance through detailed analysis of I/O metrics and testing processes. Improves efficiency, accuracy, and security of the system by automating manual processes.
- Assist with implementation of new server systems according to documented plans and published change control processes.
- Administer server systems to ensure their continued operations through physical inspection and proactive review of application logs and system consoles.
- Research warnings, errors and reported issues to determine the root cause, prepare action plans, participate in peer reviews, and document, test, and implement solutions.
- Respond to requests and incidents in the designated queue of the problem management system.
- Assist in network changes (i.e. firewalls).
- Assist in future cloud infrastructure creation, updates, and maintenance.
- Consult on company-wide projects that require infrastructure updates.
- Assist with managing Active Directory (i.e. group policy creation and modifications)
- Participate in "On-Call" rotation for after-hours support.
- Coordinate support and repair efforts with vendors and onsite personnel.
- Develop recommendations for enhancing approaches for support services.
- Provide weekly status report updates for current projects.
- Promote an atmosphere of knowledge-sharing.
- Meet professional obligations through efficient work habits such as, meeting deadlines, honoring schedules, coordinating resources and meetings in an effective and timely manner, and demonstrate respect for others.
- All work responsibilities are subject to having performance goals and/or targets established.
The above is not an all-inclusive list of all duties performed by this job title, only a representative summary of the primary duties and responsibilities. Incumbent may be required to perform other additional duties as assigned.
A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or similar related field; or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience. Two years of supporting enterprise-class systems and experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Understanding of how to setup and configure applications utilizing Internet Information Services (IIS) in a Windows Server environment.
- Knowledge of VMWare ESXi
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge with powershell, preferred.
Step Up For Students believes strongly in two key core values, and it is the responsibility of all employees to demonstrate these values in their everyday work in order to maintain a positive and effective organizational culture.
Everyone is an asset.
Every event is an improvement opportunity.
This position regularly requires the abilities of driving, sitting, fingering or manual dexterity, and grasping, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
This position is an office environment with some exposure to outside fumes, odors, and heat and/or weather conditions. This position also requires frequent travel.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media