- - Information Technology
- Jacksonville, FL, USA
- Full Time
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k and more.
The Project Manager is responsible for leading multiple projects concurrently. In this role, the Project Manager is expected to deliver high-quality, low-cost solutions to the business units while paying close attention to timeline, budget, and scope. The Project Manager will provide support to the entire team throughout the project lifecycle using Agile Methodology best practices. The Project Manager will seamlessly work across multiple business teams and IT teams, assisting the organization to better understand the software lifecycle. He/she will be responsible for the successful delivery and execution of all projects and will ensure team success. The project manager will ensure that all projects have an expected positive ROI.
Apply Project Management & Control methodologies, tools and processes to plan, track and monitor project progress from initiation through implementation to ensure successful delivery of projects within timeline, budget, scope and quality.
- Plan in advance for all major milestones and drive the team efforts to meet the project plan and revise as needed to meet scope changes and new requirements.
- Ensure that a resource plan is created and managed for each project.
- Lead a multi-faceted team to ensure all project tasks are on track. Engage all players in project meetings and drive the project teams to deliver high quality products.
- Responsible for facilitating daily Scrum, sprint planning, sprint review and retrospective meetings.
- Ability to ensure the correct use of Scrum process and be a coach in Agile practices.
- Work with the team to understand and document requirements down to the detail level, gather development estimates, help develop test plan/cases and work plans.
- Manage change requests and implement change management procedures throughout the lifecycle of the project.
- Review and engage in the business requirements process. Provide feedback on user stories and requirements.
- Oversee the QA effort to ensure a quality deliverable.
- Work directly with management staff to improve processes and gain efficiencies where needed.
- Instill best practices throughout the IT team.
- Meet regularly with key stakeholders and SME's to understand current and future needs. Relay information clearly and concisely back to the team.
- Facilitate effective and efficient meetings with stakeholders, monitor issues and assign action items with owner and timeline.
- Identify, document, communicate and mitigate risks by providing information to management in a timely manner through effective status reporting and communication to management and key stakeholders.
- Ensure project plans and status are updated weekly for communication to key stakeholders.
- Ensure all team members accurately and consistently track time to projects.
- Deliver informative and well‐organized presentations and briefings to management.
- Develop and maintain interdepartmental and key focus area partnerships.
- Meet professional obligations through efficient work habits such as, meeting deadlines, honoring schedules, coordinating resources and meetings in an effective and timely manner, and demonstrate respect for others.
The above is not an all-inclusive list of all duties performed by this job title, only a representative summary of the primary duties and responsibilities. Incumbent may be required to perform other additional duties as assigned.
Requires a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent. Master's Degree preferred. Must have a minimum of five years' experience in SDLC methodologies as a full-time Project Manager. Prior experience as a business analyst and/or quality analyst is highly desired. Experience managing projects based on web application technologies. Ability to use project management tools such as MS Project, Team Foundation Server and others. Proven record of delivery and project successes in previous positions. Must be articulate, a good listener and have the ability to persuade teams to work to their highest potential. PMP desired but not mandatory.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Highly skilled in Project Management standards and best practices.
- Ability to manage multiple in-flight projects, new projects in the infancy stage and close out projects at the end of the cycle.
- Must have the ability to engage with all levels of the business and be able to quickly read what the audience is after.
- Knowledge of performance measures affiliated with productivity and effective project management.
- Must be able to explain a project's intent and related ROI.
- Must pay close attention to detail, ask probing questions, investigate and research possibly solutions to problems.
- Must have excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and take charge without much involvement from others.
- Must be experienced in the Agile, Scrum Methodology.
- Understand the basic fundamentals of iterative and incremental development.
- Strong knowledge of Scrum theory, rules and practices.
- Ability to work in a changing environment and can be flexible with change.
- Strong interviewing and facilitation skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Sound judgment and decision making abilities.
- Problem‐solving (root cause analysis) skills.
- Knowledge of MS Project or similar Project Management software.
Step Up For Students believes strongly in two key core values, and it is the responsibility of all employees to demonstrate these values in their everyday work in order to maintain a positive and effective organizational culture.
Everyone is an asset.
Every event is an improvement opportunity.
This position regularly requires the abilities of sitting, fingering or manual dexterity, grasping, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
This position is an office environment with very limited exposure to any outside fumes, odors, heat and/or weather conditions.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media