Organizational Professional Development Trainer
- - Organizational Development
- Jacksonville, FL, USA
- Full Time
The primary role for the Organizational and Professional Development Trainer is to create, lead and manage the career and learning tracks for the organization along with the Learning Management System (LMS). This includes but is not limited to the development and delivery of training content, providing on-demand training when there is an area of weakness, working with departments to identify and update learning tracks for employee roles, managing the LMS (i.e., course creation, development of learning plans, etc.), as well as supporting the team with other professional development initiatives. The trainer supports the team in its mission to deliver a positive and impactful training experience to the staff while ensuring the LMS is functioning as intended and kept up-to-date. This position will work under the direct leadership of the Director of Professional Development.
- Develop and facilitate professional development training including but not limited to leadership, communication, management, time management, customer service, etc. by collaborating with management and using department's learning and career paths to evaluate needs.
- Effectively use a variety of visual and technical aids to enhance delivery to create an environment conducive to learning and active engagement.
- Collaborate with departments to revise learning and career tracks as departmental changes occur.
- Research external courses to supplement employees' professional growth.
- Manage the LMS: trouble-shoot issues, build and maintain courses, create learning plans, upload new users and manage help desk requests.
- Provide ongoing education and support for managers and employees on the feedback process post-course completion.
- Assist with organizational system training needs for internal software platforms or other training needs.
- Work closely with the Operations Trainers to provide training support when needed for current and new Operations personnel to support business functions.
- Create and implement a framework for measuring the effectiveness of the training initiatives.
- Identify opportunities to improve and streamline training processes.
- Build solid cross-functional relationships.
The above is not an all-inclusive list of all duties performed by this job title, only a representative summary of the primary duties and responsibilities. Incumbent may be required to perform other additional duties as assigned.
- B.S. or B.A. or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience training in a learning and development support environment.
- Experience implementing and/or administering Learning Management Systems (LMS).
- Keen focus on creating an environment of excellence.
- Proficient with Microsoft Products (Word, Excel).
- Proficient with eLearning tools to create software demonstrations, software simulations, branched scenarios and randomized quizzes.
- Superior ability in managing concurrent, multidisciplinary activities.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and follow-through.
- Excellent organizational planning, problem solving and project management skills.
- Occasional travel is required.
Step Up For Students believes strongly in two key core values, and it is the responsibility of all employees to demonstrate these values in their everyday work in order to maintain a positive and effective organizational culture.
- Everyone is an asset.
- Every event is an improvement opportunity.
This position regularly requires the abilities of sitting, fingering or manual dexterity, grasping, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media