Sr. Product Owner
- - Information Technology
- Jacksonville, FL, USA
- Full Time
The Sr. Product Owner will apply methodologies, use tools and define processes to drive product delight and delivery from initiation through implementation to ensure successful delivery of features. This position will work across the organization to engage appropriate internal and external partners to assure successful analysis, option determination and tactical execution.
- Responsible for defining and adapting the product vision resulting in success of product and providing metrics to demonstrate
- Incorporates feature request into the product roadmap
- Drives planning and collaborates with team to establish timelines
- Maintains the product roadmap and release plans ensuring alignment with company mission and goals
- Owns alignment of software development and business resources on goals and priorities
- Communicates all priority changes to the impacted teams
- Measures progress to roadmap and the release schedule
- Performs progress reporting such as burn up/down charts and communicates risks
- Develops epics, features and user stories to implement product enhancements and specifies acceptance criteria
- Grooms and prioritizes the product backlog, manages dependencies and sets the sprint goal
- Works with stakeholders and team to mitigate risks and remove roadblocks
- Participates in daily stand up meetings, retrospective meetings and assists with process improvement
- Assists with user acceptance testing and rollout documentation
- Responsible for budget and shares cost information
- Performs feasibility analysis and measures ROI and ensures value to organization
- Regularly initiates collaboration with stakeholders to understand business problems and product needs
- Supports the development and presentation of business cases
- Delivers informative and well‐organized presentations and briefings to management
The above is not an all-inclusive list of all duties performed by this job title, only a representative summary of the primary duties and responsibilities. Incumbent may be required to perform other additional duties as assigned.
- Requires a bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- Minimum of five years' experience as a full-time Product Owner.
- Must be articulate, a good listener and have the ability to persuade teams to work to their highest potential
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Accurate and precise attention to detail
- Able to build strong interpersonal relationships
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Prior experience as a Product Owner with experience on agile teams with proven record of delivery and product successes in previous positions
- Hands-on experience managing all stages of the product life cycle
- Technical background with knowledge of software development and web technologies
- In-depth understanding of Agile methodologies, technical understanding of products, and up-to-date on industry standards and best practices
- Proven ability to write strong user stories and epics
- Strong at delivering executive level project presentations
- Able to quickly understand the functionality of a product
- Experience with project initiation and funding processes (scope, high level estimates, value statement creation)
- Experience with documenting project budgets (in collaboration with various resources) and working with teams to refine and adjust
- Comfortable working with multiple teams, in-house and remote; strong team player
- Comfortable with making decisions with some level of uncertainty
- Each and every person is a valuable asset.
- Every challenge is an opportunity for improvement.
This position regularly requires the abilities of sitting, fingering or manual dexterity, grasping, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
This position is an office environment with very limited exposure to any outside fumes, odors, heat and/or weather conditions.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media