IT Infrastructure Manager
- - Information Technology
- Jacksonville , FL, USA
- Full Time
- Medical, Vision, Dental, 401K plus more
The IT Infrastructure Manager is responsible for leading and providing subject matter expertise for the implementation, operation and support of enterprise technology services, applications and infrastructure.The Manger is charged with overseeing all technolog systems used in the daily business of the organization including telephones, voicemail, automated call direction, local and wide area networks, internet services, technology security appliances, database and application servers, and related business applications such as email, antivirus, network security monitoring and line of business software applications. They will provide leadership for all infrastructure related services and manage designated IT vendor relationships as well as ensuring they are within budgetary guidelines. The position will report to the Chief Information Officer.
- Lead, manage and mentor team of system and infrastructure professionals charged with the implementation, operation, and support of all infrastructure and related services
- Facilitate equipment and service provider relationships including identifying, negotiating and maintaining contracts
- Recommend and procure hardware, software and other tools to support successful technology operations throughout the organization
- Provide strategic planning for infrastructure
- Support organizational technology training efforts including building online support artifacts such as documentation and videos
- Develop and manage effective working relationships with other departments, groups and personnel within the organization and with vendors
- Analyze performance of technology systems and take action to correct deficiencies
- Direct staff and the activity of others during the testing, monitoring, and installation of new systems and major system releases
- Meet professional obligations through efficient work habits such as, meeting deadlines, honoring schedules, coordinating resources and meetings in an effective and timely manner, and demonstrate respect for others
- Be available for on-call support to instruct staff 24 x 7 x 365
The above is not an all-inclusive list of all duties performed by this job title, only a representative summary of the primary duties and responsibilities. Incumbent may be required to perform other additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related field; or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- Five+ years' experience supporting and managing enterprise-class technology systems.
- Seven years' Microsoft operating systems experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to manage time and multiple projects
- Great customer service skills
- Exhibit professional demeanor and takes pride in working efficiently
- Ability to take direction and follow through with assignments
- Demonstrable hands-on experience in technology systems support process for multiple hardware and software environments
- Understanding and experience with Microsoft and Linux servers and various server types (IIS, DFS, AD, NPS, etc.
- Understanding and experience with routers, switches, firewalls, and load balancers.
- Understanding and experience with virtual environments running in Hyper-V and VMWare ESXi
- Understanding and experience with various SAN and NAS storage solutions, such as EMC and NetApp
- Understanding and experience with hosted cloud solutions, such as O365, AWS, and Azure
- Experiencing in managing budgets for technology procurement and reoccurring services
- Ability to negotiate with vendors regarding products and services
- Ability to work with and through people to establish goals, objectives, and action plans
- Ability to quickly learn business and manage end-user expectations
- Ability to effectively manage time, resources, and deadlines
- Ability to drive quality into the company culture by contributing to internal initiatives
- Ability to manage multiple enterprise level/high traffic projects, meet deadlines, interface with different company business units and work in a fast-paced technology driven environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills
Step Up For Students believes strongly in two key core values, and it is the responsibility of all employees to demonstrate these values in their everyday work in order to maintain a positive and effective organizational culture.
- Everyone is an asset.
- Every event is an improvement opportunity.
This position regularly requires the abilities of sitting, fingering or manual dexterity, climbing, walking, lifting, stooping and crouching, grasping, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
This position is an office environment with very limited exposure to any outside fumes, odors, heat and/or weather conditions.