- - Information Technology
- Jacksonville , FL, USA
- Full Time
- Medical, Vision, Dental, 401K, plus more
The Database Administrator designs, develops, optimizes and supports database systems utilized in custom application development, 3rd party product integrations and line of business applications.
- Proactively monitor and maintain the availability of the database systems within the enterprise.
- Provide the troubleshooting and resolution of support issues.
- Analyze performance of stored procedures, queries and system configuration and take action to correct deficiencies.
- Develop, test, document, implement and support high quality solutions on time that perform according to specifications and requirement documents.
- Develop and adhere to standards to sustain the availability, reliability and supportability of the systems.
- Develop and manage effective working relationships with other departments, groups and personnel with whom work must be coordinated or interfaced.
- Participate in all systems development lifecycle stages including architecture specifications and design; application configuration; database design; programming; quality assurance; testing and implementation; and ongoing maintenance and support.
- Work with IT counterparts and management team to employ analysis and design techniques including object modeling and database/application schema design to ensure business goals.
- Provide a status report updates for current projects.
- Participate in rotating on-call schedule for 24 x 7 x 365 support.
- Meet professional obligations through efficient work habits such as, meeting deadlines, honoring schedules, coordinating resources and meetings in an effective and timely manner, and demonstrates respect for others.
The above is not an all-inclusive list of all duties performed by this job title, only a representative summary of the primary duties and responsibilities. Incumbent may be required to perform other additional duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems; or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- Seven years of Relational Database Management Systems experience.
- Five years of developing enterprise-wide database solutions experience.
- Seven years with Microsoft operating systems.
- Five years of developing and delivering custom database systems solutions in an enterprise environment.
- Version Control Systems such as Microsoft Team Foundation Server or other comparable systems preferred.
- Database tools and development environments such as RedGate SQL Toolbelt
- Microsoft Visual Studio for Database Administrators or Microsoft Business Intelligence Development Studio are a plus.
- MCSD (Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer) or MCITP (Microsoft Certified IT Professional) in Database Administration, preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of current and future technology solutions for the Internet, hand held devices, personal computers and networks.
- Knowledge of and the ability to apply best practices including change management, effective error handling and performance instrumentation.
- Knowledge of advanced RDMS concepts such as replication, clustered technology, high availability groups, and partitioning.
- Ability to develop and optimize T-SQL statements, stored procedures, database schema, Microsoft SQL Reporting Services Reports and Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services Packages.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to take initiative, exercise good judgment and exhibit business savvy orientation.
- Experience with or knowledge of Azure platform (SQL database as a service and Infrastructure as a service on Azure).
- Experience with or knowledge of DocumentDB or comparable experience with NoSQL platforms.
- Experience with or Knowledge of EF/LINQ generated TSQL.
- Excellent conceptual, analytical, and judgment abilities.
Step Up For Students believes strongly in two key core values, and it is the responsibility of all employees to demonstrate these values in their everyday work in order to maintain a positive and effective organizational culture.
- Everyone is an asset.
- Every event is an improvement opportunity.
This position occasionally requires the abilities of standing, walking, lifting or exerting forces up to 20lbs., reaching or stretching, climbing or balancing, crouching or stooping, crawling, depth perception.
This position frequently requires the abilities of sitting, fingering or manual dexterity, repetitive finger motion, speaking, hearing and seeing colors.
This position is an office environment with very limited exposure to any outside fumes, odors, heat and/or weather conditions.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media