Bilingual Customer Resolution Specialist - Hope Scholarship
- - Hope
- Jacksonville, FL, USA
- Full Time
- Medical, Dental, Vision, STD/LTD, 401k match, and more
Customer Resolution Specialist will serve as a key interface and provide customer care to Parents/Students/Providers. This position is responsible for handling inbound and outbound calls in a call center environment from new and existing parents/students/providers regarding a variety of requests. This role is also responsible for scholarship application processing, including the determination of applicant eligibility in accordance with scholarship guidelines. Customer Resolution Specialist will ensure quality and timely entry of applications into various processing/retrieval systems. This position will report to Operations Management.
Perform Customer Service Resolution tasks
• Responsible for handling inbound and outbound calls in a call center environment from new and existing parents/students/providers regarding a variety of requests.
• Maintain complete and accurate records of client interaction including phone calls and/or emails, utilizing internal and external software.
• Demonstrates commitment to serving customer needs and solving problems efficiently with insight and first contact resolution.
• Use decision-support tools to respond to common customer work/service order inquires and requests.
• Identifies eligibility, interprets standards and guidelines to potential applicants.
• Connects families with available community resources.
• Demonstrates personal commitment by adhering to company guidelines, policy and professional code of ethics and participate in an inclusive environment where people can contribute their best.
Perform Application Processing Resolution tasks
• Key data from application images into applicable system.
• Accurately processes applications and determine eligibility by reviewing documentation and accurate calculations when applicable in accordance with established guidelines.
• Reviews appeals and provides determination resolution.
• Research suspended/on-hold application errors.
• Initiate external contact by telephone to customers for clarification on application information.
Follow-up with second call if necessary.
• Identify and report any suspected fraudulent activity or red flags within application and ensure each are appropriately addressed prior to final approval.
• Special projects as assigned by management.
Participate in regular staff meetings, training/testing programs and leadership sessions
• Seek and suggest efficiencies for manual and online entry operations.
• Identify processing deficiencies and initiate corrective actions by informing leadership.
• Research and identify potential application processing issues.
• Suggest ways to improve work processes, complaints and productivity.
• Identify personal internal/external education and/or training needs.
The above is not an all-inclusive list of all duties performed by this job title, only a representative summary of the primary duties and responsibilities. Incumbent may be required to perform other additional duties as assigned.
• High School diploma and 1+ years' experience in customer service, financial services or educational industry; Associates degree preferred.
• Ability to type 40+ words per minute.
• Ability to process a minimum of 50 units per day.
• Microsoft Windows and Internet-based applications experience required.
• Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Proficient with online chat functions. Must be able to navigate multiple computer systems while interacting with parents/students/providers.
• Proven customer service, operations support and problem resolution skills.
• A strong interest in continued learning and career advancement opportunities.
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
• Courteous and empathetic with strong customer service orientation.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with individuals inside and outside the Organization.
• Ability to work independently with strong sense of focus, task -oriented, nonjudgmental, and clear sense of boundaries.
• Ability to explain documentation requirements and overcome objections or obstacles on outstanding issues.
• Ability to think critically and make decisions using sound judgement, experience and existing tools/resources, including applicable rules/regulations.
• Must be willing to work in a collaborative, fast-paced, structured team environment and can adapt quickly to change.
Step Up For Students believes strongly in two key core values, and it is the responsibility of all employees to demonstrate these values in their everyday work in order to maintain a positive and effective organizational culture.
Everyone is an asset.
Every event is an improvement opportunity.
This position regularly requires the abilities of sitting, fingering or manual dexterity, grasping, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
This position is an office environment with very limited exposure to any outside fumes, odors, heat and/or weather conditions.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media