Marketing Communications Manager
- - Marketing
- Clearwater, FL, USA
- Full Time
- Medical, Dental, Vision and more.
The Marketing Communications Manager's primary focus will be storytelling through both the written word and video. This position is responsible for writing and filming our human-interest stories, documenting the turn-around experiences of the scholarship students and families, as well as stories about our programs in general. These stories will tug at readers' heartstrings and show the real face of our students – and be a window into how our programs change lives. These stories will be used in a variety of ways to bolster public awareness of our programs and successes. Stories will be showcased on our social media channels, blogs, newsletters, annual report and more. The job requires strong reporting and writing skills, a deft interviewing touch, and personal enterprise and initiative. The ideal candidate will be an experienced and strong storyteller, and/or newspaper or television reporter or editor with a softer edge. It is vital that the applicant be a team player as this combined fast-paced department works extremely collaboratively.
- Learn Step Up's voice and consistently maintain it.
- Contribute to the storytelling process, including researching, vetting, writing with the focus being to increase brand awareness and share stories with donors, donor prospects, families, legislators, community partners, education partners, media outlets and more.
- Editing the work of other writers' on the team and throughout the organization as needed, while maintaining our tone.
- Work across departments to identify students, educators and schools and more whose stories are compelling.
- Other duties include researching and writing stories for the annual report, company newsletter, and blogs, marketing collateral, including brochures, one-pagers, flyers, direct mail pieces, website content and other content as needed. Writing and proofreading both internally and externally facing emails and communication to families, schools and community partners, vendors, donors and more.
- Assist in identifying press opportunities. Pitch stories to media.
- Writing and editing press releases for other departments as needed. Be able to coach those departments on writing press releases as well.
- Assist in developing and maintaining a speakers' bureau.
- Provide talking points for events as needed.
- Keep track of scholarship news and developments and general school choice issues on Florida and beyond.
- Strong focus on photography and video:
- Focus on video with the ability to turn interviews (both virtually and in person) into a compelling story package.
- Expertise in the planning, filming and editing of video, both long and short format.
- Expertise in photography.
- Photograph events, students, parents, donors, etc. to accompany content and annual report needs.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
The above is not an all-inclusive list of all duties performed by this job title, only a representative summary of the primary duties and responsibilities. Incumbent may be required to perform other additional duties as assigned.
A Bachelor degree in Journalism, Marketing, Communications, Public Relations or other related fields is required. Must have at least ten years of relevant work experience, preferably at a newspaper or similar publication and preferably in the field of education. Ability to travel, mostly within the state of Florida.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong focus on CEM skills
- Need high-quality writing and editing skills, interviewing techniques and creative instincts.
- Need a basic report's instinct, passion and the ability to find the great story- and to meet deadlines.
- AP Style
- Need the ability to work independently, set an agenda and follow through on objectives and plans.
- Need outstanding organizational, time management, and analytical skills.
- Candidate must possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Need technical skills in Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel. Knowledge of video editing software, including Adobe Premier helpful.
- Need basic understanding of public education and the breadth of programs and options that are available for schoolchildren in Florida.
- Need a passion for the cause.
- Spanish a plus.
Step Up For Students believes strongly in two key core values, and it is the responsibility of all employees to demonstrate these values in their everyday work in order to maintain a positive and effective organizational culture.
Everyone is an asset.
Every event is an improvement opportunity.
This position regularly requires the abilities of sitting, fingering or manual dexterity, grasping, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
This position is in an office environment and occasionally works outdoors as needed based on special events. The employee must be willing to work occasional evenings and weekends and periodic travel as needed.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media