Operations Specialist Trainer II
- - Organizational Development
- Jacksonville, FL, USA
- Full Time
- Medical, Dental, Vision, STD/LTD, 401k match and more
The primary role is to create, lead and manage the training program for the Operations Department. This includes but is not limited to: the development of training content, delivery of instructor led training sessions as necessary, providing on-demand training when there is an area of weakness, planning training for a large group when updates to policies, procedures or systems are made, as well as supporting the team with continually improving processes. The trainer supports the team in its mission to deliver a positive and impactful training experience to the staff while ensuring documentation is always kept up-to-date. This position will be responsible for leading and working on organizational improvement initiatives in the Scholarship Operations business unit under the direct leadership of the Director of Professional Development.
• Create, develop, implement and monitor the training programs within the Operations team.
• Provide classroom training, demonstrations, on-the-job training, meetings, conferences, workshops, webinars, etc. for internal end-user needs and also external customer-facing needs (i.e., schools and families) by collaborating with management to evaluate needs and plan training programs accordingly.
• Lead, under the guidance of management, workforce training for new internal software platforms.
• Organize and conduct training for staff on an on-going basis.
• Conduct operational orientation sessions and deliver specialist training for new hires.
• Effectively use a variety of visual and technical aids to enhance delivery to create an environment conducive to learning and active engagement.
• Work closely with a team to deliver concise training content within a tight time frame.
• Work closely with Operations management personnel and the Technical Writer to optimize the information exchange and to keep documentation current and relevant.
• Identify opportunities to improve and streamline training processes.
• Build and maintain courses in a Learning Management System (LMS).
• Build solid cross-functional relationships.
The above is not an all-inclusive list of all duties performed by this job title, only a representative summary of the primary duties and responsibilities. Incumbent may be required to perform other additional duties as assigned.
B.S. or B.A. or equivalent and /or at least five years of experience training in a customer service or technical support environment. Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred but not required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Passion for customer service.
• Keen focus on creating an environment of excellence.
• Proficient with Microsoft Products (Word, Excel).
• Proficient with eLearning tools (i.e., Camtasia) to create software demonstrations, software simulations, branched scenarios and randomized quizzes.
• Background working in a collaborative multi-disciplinary team.
• Superior ability in managing concurrent, multidisciplinary activity.
• Excellent communication, presentation, and follow-through.
• Excellent organizational planning, problem solving and project management skills.
• Positive attitude and energy.
• Self-motivated, excellent work ethic, goal oriented and strong team player.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Strong facilitation skills, with ability to work in fast-paced and demanding environments.
• Flexible during times of change, conforming to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
Step Up For Students believes strongly in two key core values, and it is the responsibility of all employees to demonstrate these values in their everyday work in order to maintain a positive and effective organizational culture.
Everyone is an asset.
Every event is an improvement opportunity.
This position regularly requires the abilities of sitting, fingering or manual dexterity, grasping, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
This position is an office environment with very limited exposure to any outside fumes, odors, heat and/or weather conditions.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media