- - Organizational Development
- Jacksonville, FL, USA
- Full Time
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k and more.
The primary responsibility of the Technical Writer is to drive the creation of a documentation framework. The employee will use industry best practices and prior experiences to create a proper documentation methodology for purposes of consistency and efficiency. This role is responsible for preparing and maintaining documentation to support internal end-user needs, and also external customer-facing needs. This position translates business specifications into user documentation by working closely with subject matter experts in the compliance, policy and operations business units. The Technical Writer plans, writes and maintains systems and user support documentation efforts, including online support. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. This position will work under the direct leadership of the Director of Professional Development in the Organizational and Professional Development Department and will primarily support the Scholarship Operations business unit.
- Determine the needs of end users of technical documentation by working directly with Subject Matter Experts to obtain an in-depth understanding of the programs and documentation requirements
- Facilitate the development of instructional materials (tutorials/digital interactive/ user guides/ audio and video scripts/ navigational text, etc.) to help internal and external end-users use a variety of applications by transforming technical information into professional written, engaging instruction
- Produce electronic documentation in addition to hard copy manuals based on message or audience
- Research, develop and document technical design specifications and test scripts
- Analyze documents to maintain continuity of style of content
- Standardize content across platforms and media
- Manage updates and revisions to technical literature as new issues arise to ensure staff is using the most up-to-date documentation
- Gather usability feedback from customers and make appropriate changes
- Build solid cross-functional relationships
- Use photographs, drawings, diagrams, animation and charts that increase users' understanding of the subject matter (product features, use and capabilities).
- Ensure that all content follows company guidelines and industry best practices
- Proofread, review and edit materials for accurate use of grammar and content
The above is not an all-inclusive list of all duties performed by this job title, only a representative summary of the primary duties and responsibilities. Incumbent may be required to perform other additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in a communication or technical discipline, or 3-4 years equivalent experience.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred but not required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Proven 3-4 years experience working in a technical writing position
- Able to effectively communicate with all levels of management, business partners and appropriate vendors
- Efficiently produce data into training materials and document processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of online documentation tools to streamline use of information
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to write in explanatory and procedural styles for multiple audiences
- Skilled at prioritization and multi-tasking
Step Up For Students believes strongly in two key core values, and it is the responsibility of all employees to demonstrate these values in their everyday work in order to maintain a positive and effective organizational culture.
Everyone is an asset.
Every event is an improvement opportunity.
This position regularly requires the abilities of sitting, fingering or manual dexterity, grasping, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
This position is an office environment with very limited exposure to any outside fumes, odors, heat and/or weather conditions.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media