Assistant Operations Manager-HOPE
- - Hope
- Jacksonville, FL, USA
- Full Time
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k and more.
This position is responsible for assisting operations management with managing the day-to-day activities in the SUFS service center department, including but not limited to: quality control, customer service delight, and ensuring all service channels are working at an optimal level. The employee is responsible for maintaining data integrity, instilling best practices for customer confidentiality and maintaining adherence to state/federal compliance of the programs. It demands a high degree of adaptability and flexibility in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Assist with planning for upcoming organizational needs and implement strategies in a proactive manner
- Assist with analysis and maintenance of all service level agreements. Ensure department operates efficiently according to organizational measures.
- Resolve escalated customer complaints.
- Assist with determining appropriate staffing levels and implement strategies to ensure the efficient operation of the department.
- Assist with selecting, training, developing, and managing performance of and non-exempt direct reports; providing prompt and objective coaching and counseling; and coordinating, planning, and assigning work for staff in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable legal requirements.
- Assist operations management as a process owner for system functionality.
- Develop and maintain key working relationships across the organization.
- Assist with operational metrics, volumes and productivity reporting.
- Assist with management reporting.
- Use and promote company recognition programs and understands the direct correlation between recognition and retention.
- Demonstrate skills at analyzing trends and assist in operations management in creating action plans that determine a solution.
- Demonstrate teamwork by supporting and assisting other team members as necessary.
- Demonstrate the organizational culture through both behavior and attitude.
- Effectively use business standard oral and written communication skills on a daily basis.
- Assist training department with content development and/or conducting training modules, upon request.
- Perform duties of Operations Manager in his/her absence.
The above is not an all-inclusive list of all duties performed by this job title, only a representative summary of the primary duties and responsibilities. Incumbent may be required to perform other additional duties as assigned.
High School diploma; Associate's degree preferred. At least 1-2 years management or supervisory related experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Familiar with a variety of the organization's concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Ability to guide individuals toward goal achievement using negotiation, teamwork/collaboration, motivation and staff development skills including the ability to act as a role model within the organization.
- Excellent ability to demonstrate a degree of innovation, self-direction and good judgment/problem solving skills when making decisions.
- Ability to coach, develop action plans that maximize performance, and provide effective feedback.
- Proven ability to analyze and improve work processes and policies.
- Work well under pressure, professional demeanor, and strong communication skills (verbal & written).
- Computer literate (MS Word, Power Point, Excel).
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
Step Up For Students believes strongly in two key core values, and it is the responsibility of all employees to demonstrate these values in their everyday work in order to maintain a positive and effective organizational culture.
Everyone is an asset.
Every event is an improvement opportunity.
This position occasionally requires the abilities of standing, walking, fingering or manual dexterity, lifting or exerting force up to 10 lbs., reaching or stretching, seeing colors and depth perception.
This position regularly requires the abilities of sitting, repetitive finger motion, speaking and hearing.
This position is an office environment with very limited exposure to any outside fumes, odors, heat and/or weather conditions.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media