Team Lead-Business Intelligence and Data
- - Information Technology
- Jacksonville, FL, USA
- Full Time
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k and more.
The Team Lead - Business Intelligence and Data serves in a technical leadership position responsible for the design, building, deployment and support of custom data solutions and product integrations. He/she provides guidance to the team in best practices and is also charged with providing specific tiered support as needed. The Team Lead - Business Intelligence and Data will provide weekly status updates to the Director of Business Intelligence and Data for ongoing assigned projects. Requires participation in the modification of complex data applications and architecture to resolve issues and plan for future growth. This position will report to the Director of Business Intelligence and Data.
- Mentors and guides other data developers in best practices for Data Warehouse and Data Application development.
- Serves in a leadership role for technical project decisions.
- Leads the effort for the development of Business Intelligence Solutions using tools such as the Microsoft BI stack including SSRS, SSIS, SSAS, and T-SQL stored procedures as well as MDX and PowerBI.
- Proactively monitors, tunes and maintains data solutions for performance, capacity management and business
- Develops, tests, documents and implements high-performing, scalable solutions including schema design, storage
engines, indexing strategies, SQL tuning, ETL processes, stored procedures and software applications.
- Develops and manages effective working relationships with other departments, groups or personnel with whom work must be coordinated.
- Develops, tests, documents and implements high quality data solutions on time and in accordance with specifications and supporting documents.
- Analyze performance of programs and take actions to correct any discrepancies.
- Adheres to data standards that allow for maintenance of data systems that supports team development.
- Provides troubleshooting and resolution of support issues.
- Provides consultation for the evaluation of data and software systems.
- Provides the implementation and deployment of new data solutions.
- Participates in rotating on-call schedule for 24 x 7 x 365 support.
The above is not an all-inclusive list of all duties performed by this job title, only a representative summary of the primary duties and responsibilities. Incumbent may be required to perform other additional duties as assigned.
This position requires a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Systems or Associate Degree and two years of work experience. Minimum of five years developing enterprise wide data solutions including experience with database reporting and analytics using Reporting Services, Integration Services, and Analysis services. Minimum of seven years of experience with Microsoft operating systems.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Possesses an understanding of information systems, data modeling, business intelligence, relational database design and knowledge of how to access multiple information sources for analytical purposes.
- Ability to take direction and follow through with assignments as directed by the Director of Business Intelligence and Data.
- Uses initiative, exercises good judgment and exhibits business savvy orientation.
- Very strong conceptual, analytical, judgment and communication abilities are critical.
- Experience in developing ETL solutions for data warehouse loads and system integrations using SSIS Packages.
- Deep understanding of Data System Architecture and server based programming or scripting languages such as C# or PowerShell.
Step Up For Students believes strongly in two key core values, and it is the responsibility of all employees to demonstrate these values in their everyday work in order to maintain a positive and effective organizational culture.
Everyone is an asset.
Every event is an improvement opportunity.
This position regularly requires the abilities of sitting, fingering or manual dexterity, grasping, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
This position is an office environment with very limited exposure to any outside fumes, odors, heat and/or weather conditions.