- - Advocacy and Civic Engagement
- Clearwater, FL, USA
- Part Time
To deliver high quality, customer service with the ability to motivate diverse groups of people to achieve multiple goals for one purpose, the education of children. This position is critical to the continued expansion of choice programs to increase the quality, quantity and competency of choice advocates. Reflect positively on donor decisions to continue funding choice programs even in the face of pressure from their constituents. Influence voting records in the Florida State Legislature and to impact that communication from their constituents, choice advocates or choice participants has on legislator support of program protection and expansion. Develop quality choice advocates for grassroots awareness and support.
- Work with the Executive Director of Advocacy and Civic Engagement to create and implement programs that increases alumni involvement in school choice advocacy and the Alumni Network by building a structure for increasing engagement, advocacy, and leadership opportunities for alumni
- Coordinate alumni communications with donors and lawmakers
- Coordinate advocacy communications with scholarship families and recipients
- Coordinate benefits and perks of alumni network
- Maintain alumni network social media pages and website
- Identify relationships to develop and maintain such as key decision makers and state players within specified areas and strategize to be able to reach out to them to encourage them to support school choice and the SUFS program
- Continue building, expanding and cultivating coalitions and helping to understand the legislative issues concerning school choice & its affects
- When necessary, mobilize school choice advocates to state capitol in Tallahassee
- Facilitate meeting, training, and event coordination for the education and mobilization of vested parties and promotion of community interest regarding education policy and reform
- Maintain constituent and contact database
- Recruit and develop advocates who continue to effectively convey their pro-school choice sentiments to their legislators who respond by favorably by their vote
- Continue the ongoing process of identifying and training new choice advocates
- Help scholarship participants learn how to make a greater impact in the lives of children by getting involved (letter writing, legislative visits etc.)
- Increase interest and participation in legislative district office meetings and/or legislative interactions
- Serve as a student voice for the Florida Tax Credit Scholarship for Step Up For Students
- Coordinate communications for choice advocates
The above is not an all-inclusive list of all duties performed by this job title, only a representative summary of the primary duties and responsibilities. Incumbent may be required to perform other additional duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Public Affairs, Political Science or closely related field and/or 3-5 years in related work. Must be an alumni of charter schools or scholarship programs. Must be able to work independently and prioritize tasks. Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Excellent organizational and time management skills. Strong writing, communication and presentation skills. Must be willing to travel and work non-traditional hours. Experience with database management, data extraction and reporting. Solid knowledge of and demonstrated commitment to parental choice mission. Strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to schedule meetings, manage time and prioritize tasks.
- Ability to effectively communicate cross-culturally.
- Requires the ability to deliver high quality, customer service with the ability to motivate diverse groups of people to achieving multiple goals.
- Strategic action plans for problem resolution.
Step Up For Students believes strongly in two key core values, and it is the responsibility of all employees to demonstrate these values in their everyday work in order to maintain a positive and effective organizational culture.
Everyone is an asset.
Every event is an improvement opportunity.
This position frequently requires the abilities of fingering or manual dexterity, grasping and repetitive motions.
This position regularly requires the abilities of standing, walking, sitting, talking, hearing and seeing.
This position will require travel in and around the state of Florida. This is a non-traditional work week as meetings and appointments will be based around constituent's schedules.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media