Sr. Project Manager
- - Information Technology
- Jacksonville, FL, USA
- Full Time
- Medical, Vision, Dental, 401k and more.
The Sr. Project Manager is responsible for leading multiple projects concurrently. In this role, the position holder is expected to deliver high-quality, low-cost solutions to the business units while paying close attention to timeline, budget, and scope. The Sr. Project Manager will provide support throughout the project lifecycle using best practices for a methodology suitable to the needs of the project. The Sr. Project Manager will seamlessly work across multiple business teams and IT teams, assisting the organization to better understand the software lifecycle. He/she will be responsible for the successful delivery and execution of all projects and will ensure project team success. The Sr. Project Manager will ensure that all projects have an expected positive ROI.
- Project manage a multi-faceted team understanding and assigning work tasks and ensuring that all project tasks are on track.
- Engage all players in project meetings and drive the project teams to deliver high quality products.
- Apply Project Management and Product Owner methodologies, tools and processes to plan, track and monitor project progress from initiation through implementation to ensure successful delivery of projects within timeline, budget, scope and quality.
- Plan in advance of all major milestones and drive the team efforts to meet the project plan and revise as needed to meet scope changes and new requirements.
- Ensure that a resource plan is created and managed for each project.
- Provide training and support of PMO processes & projects.
- Support IT as well as Enterprise projects.
- Support the development and preparation of business case documents.
- Deliver informative and well‐organized presentations and briefings to management.
- Develop and maintain interdepartmental and key focus area partnerships.
- Work directly with management staff to improve processes and gain efficiencies where needed.
- Facilitate effective and efficient meetings and assign action items with owner and timeline.
- Meet professional obligations through efficient work habits such as, meeting deadlines, honoring schedules, coordinating resources and meetings in an effective and timely manner, and demonstrate respect for others.
- Ensure project plan and status is updated weekly for communication to key stakeholders.
- Identify, document, communicate, and mitigate risks by providing information to management in a timely manner. Escalate when appropriate.
- Work with the team to understand requirements down to the detail level, gather development estimates, help develop test plan/cases and work plans.
- Manage change requests and implement change management procedures throughout the lifecycle of the project.
- Oversee the QA effort to ensure a quality deliverable.
- Meet regularly with key stakeholders and SME's to understand current and future needs. Relay information clearly and concisely back to the team.
- Ensure all team members accurately and consistently track time to projects.
- Manage the resource capacity plan facilitating decision making with respect to priorities and project approval.
The above is not an all-inclusive list of all duties performed by this job title, only a representative summary of the primary duties and responsibilities. Incumbent may be required to perform other additional duties as assigned.
Requires a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent. Master's Degree preferred. Must have a minimum of five years' experience in SDLC methodologies as a full-time Project Manager. Prior experience as a business analyst and/or quality analyst is highly desired. Experience managing projects based on web application technologies. Ability to use project management tools such as MS Project, Team Foundation Server and others. Proven record of delivery and project successes in previous positions. Must be articulate, a good listener and have the ability to persuade teams to work to their highest potential. PMP desired but not mandatory.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Must be able to independently run large projects and be accountable for results.
- Highly skilled in Project Management, ScrumMaster and Product Owner standards and best practices.
- Ability to manage multiple in-flight projects, new projects in the infancy stage and close out projects at the end of the cycle.
- Must have the ability to engage with all levels of the business and be able to quickly read what the audience is after.
- Knowledge of performance measures affiliated with productivity and effective project management.
- Must be able to explain a project's intent and related ROI.
- Must pay close attention to detail, ask probing questions, investigate and research possibly solutions to problems.
- Must have excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and take charge without much involvement from others.
- Must be experienced in the Agile, Scrum Methodology.
- Ability to work in a changing environment and can be flexible with change.
- Strong interviewing and facilitation skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Sound judgment and decision making abilities.
- Problem‐solving (root cause analysis) skills.
- Knowledge of MS Project or similar Project Management software.
Step Up For Students believes strongly in two key core values, and it is the responsibility of all employees to demonstrate these values in their everyday work in order to maintain a positive and effective organizational culture.
Everyone is an asset.
Every event is an improvement opportunity.
This position regularly requires the abilities of sitting, fingering or manual dexterity, grasping, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
This position is an office environment with very limited exposure to any outside fumes, odors, heat and/or weather conditions.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media