Epicor Application Support Analyst, IT
- - Information Technology
- Jacksonville, FL, USA
- Full Time
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k and more.
The Epicor Application Support Analyst serves in a technical implementation and support role responsible for the analysis of business processes to determine, recommend and implement technical solutions. This position is directly responsible for overseeing and managing the technical aspects of the organization's Epicor financial system implementation. This position will also serve as a liaison between the Finance Department and Information Technology with regard to all things involving Epicor. Epicor allows Step Up For Students' the ability to manage, process and report on all financial data within the organization. The Epicor Application Analyst will be directly responsible for ensuring the technical success of the product, daily operation of the product and future modifications to meet business goals. He/she will take business direction from the Director of Infrastructure Services, to continually implement technology solutions for all programs that use the platform in an operational environment. This position requires participation in the modification of software solution configuration and a broad understanding of technology implementations, software systems, networks and troubleshooting. This position will report directly to the Director of Infrastructure Services with job duties and priorities set by the Director of Infrastructure Services, Project Management team, and Finance.
- Serves as a technology authority for the Epicor platform and Epicor third-party platforms like AFR, XLConnect and APR.
- Maintains an understanding of financial transaction processing, financial reporting and general ledger structure
- Provides support during completion of month-end and year-end closing procedures
- Provides support for any financial reporting needs of the finance department
- Serves as technology liaison with Epicare, Epicenter and other third-party support vendors
- Provides support for troubleshooting and fixing errors that occur in processing of financial transactions and reports in Epicor
- Evaluates and makes appropriate improvements and suggestions to finance team to achieve better efficiency in tasks, while maintaining a high level of accuracy
- Support the Finance team with special projects and workflow process improvements
- Maintain accounting policies in accordance with GAAP
- Executes the modification and/or configuration of Epicor to meet business needs and plan for future growth.
- Provides support for the implementation and deployment of production and lower environments.
- Assists with the creation of reports and other artifacts produced by the Epcior system.
- Analyzes performance of programs and takes action to correct deficiencies.
- Provides set up, configuration, change management and documentation of Epicor and related customizations and integrations.
- Participates in the development and implementation of processes that improve efficiency and enhance productivity.
- Develops and manages effective working relationships with other departments, groups and personnel with whom work must be coordinated or interfaced.
- Works in cross-functional working groups to implement Epicor solutions.
- Adheres to standards that allow for maintenance of software and database systems that supports team development.
- Meets professional obligations through efficient work habits such as meeting deadlines, honoring schedules, coordinating resources and meetings in an effective and timely manner, and demonstrate respect for others.
- Works with the Product Owner to creates a strategic product roadmap that specifies the current and future state of the product.
- Possesses strong organizational and analytical skills including the ability to understand financial systems and workflows.
- Work with vendors to ensure that vendor deliverables are received and implemented in a timely fashion.
- Able to read and understand technical forms and financial reports.
- Provides clear and concise business update reports to senior management.
The above is not an all-inclusive list of all duties performed by this job title, only a representative summary of the primary duties and responsibilities. Incumbent may be required to perform other additional duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in a technology or business-related field from a four-year college or university or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Epicor systems, financial systems and procurement experience preferred.
- Nonprofit Accounting,Banking and claims management experience a plus
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of current and future trending technology solutions for financial systems.
- Ability to take initiatives with rapidly changing requirements and independently iterate implementations to create working solutions.
- Very strong conceptual, analytical, judgment and communication abilities are critical.
- Experience with developing and deploying financial technology solutions.
- avewProactive planning, organizing and problem-solving skills.
- Use initiative, exercise good judgment and exhibit business savvy orientation.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve complex issues.
- Previous experience supporting and delivering business computer applications.
- Microsoft operating systems experience.
- Understanding of Relational Database Management System (RDBMS) concepts and ability toquery SQL databases.
- Experience with month end close process and accounting operations
- Experience and knowledge with general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable as well as other accounting processes
- Knowledge of GAAP and experience with working with auditors and audit findings
- Understanding of accounting theory and concepts
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply software support and troubleshooting methodologies.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Step Up For Students believes strongly in its two core values, and it is the responsibility of the Vice President of Technology Strategy and Innovation to model these values and help instill them in our corporate culture.
Everyone is an asset.
Every event is an improvement opportunity.
This position regularly requires the abilities of sitting, fingering or manual dexterity, climbing, walking, lifting, grasping, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
Some out-of-area and overnight travel is expected.
This position is an office environment with very limited exposure to any outside fumes, odors, heat and/or weather conditions.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media