- - Information Technology
- Jacksonville, FL, USA
- Full Time
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k and more.
Responsible for documenting business and functional requirements, writing user stories including data flow and UI mock-ups, eliciting business rules, and writing documentation. Ensures that Agile/Scrum concepts and iterative development principles are adhered to, and must be able to be a voice of reason and authority, and guide other staff members through this process. Required to coordinate business unit subject matter experts in order to solicit and cross-reference system and business requirements. In addition, the analyst will be responsible for scheduling and leading interactive and controlled cross-departmental meetings. Will perform various other functions besides analyst work such as: quality assurance testing when needed, light project management, documentation and other duties as requested by the team. Works with the project and portfolio managers, will ensure that the project team is adhering to project plans. Responsible in helping to identify and resolve discrepancies quickly and efficiently. There will be some day-to-day support of the key software systems (e.g., Release Management, Incident Management/troubleshooting).
- Outstanding relationship management, communication, teamwork, and influence skills; ability to operate at senior levels in both written and verbal communications.
- Ability to relate to others and provide support to the development and PM team but also throughout the organization such as Operations, Marketing and Finance colleagues.
- Understand how to work in a very agile environment where change is always a constant. Ability to quickly adapt to change.
- Self-motivated and can work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to move onto different tasks as organizational priorities change.
- Organize design sessions, business requirement meetings and collaborate with others when required.
- Detail oriented, organized and analytical. Continually questions the status quo and has the ability to problem-solve effectively.
- QA testing experience.
- Analyze and translate business requirements to identify impacts, trends, and gaps.
- Own and deliver multiple projects, on an ongoing, long-term and ad-hoc basis.
The above is not an all-inclusive list of all duties performed by this job title, only a representative summary of the primary duties and responsibilities. Incumbent may be required to perform other additional duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in a business-related field, computer science or similar. Minimum of 3 years of business analysis experience. Computer savvy (Microsoft products). PMP certification valued, but not required. QA testing experience is a must.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Able to use existing technology to achieve desired results.
- Implementation/execution (time management, multi-tasking, organizing projects and people).
- Time management: complete diverse activities under deadlines while delivering quality results.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail; able to follow through.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Work well under pressure, professional demeanor, and strong communication skills (verbal and written).
- Judgment and decision making; problem solving.
- Interpersonal skills; negotiating, listening, diplomacy and tact.
- The candidate will also have high emotional intelligence in the following four areas: Empathy, Self-Awareness, Self-Management, Relationship Management
Step Up For Students believes strongly in two key core values, and it is the responsibility of all employees to demonstrate these values in their everyday work in order to maintain a positive and effective organizational culture.
Everyone is an asset.
Every event is an improvement opportunity
This position regularly requires the abilities of sitting, fingering or manual dexterity, grasping, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
This position is an office environment with very limited exposure to any outside fumes, odors, heat and/or weather conditions.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media