Communications Coordinator (Part-Time)
- - Policy & Public Affairs
- Clearwater, FL, USA
- Part Time
The Communications Manager will support integrated marketing efforts that position Rising Tide as a leader and expert resource in Catholic education, school choice and inclusion. Reporting to the Director of Catholic School Initiatives, the Communications Manager will be responsible for developing and supporting social media and public relations initiatives designed to reach a variety of communities, including school leaders, teachers, parents, clergy and the Catholic faithful. This position amplifies the work of the Rising Tide Initiative as well as promotes and supports the unique missions of Step Up For Students and the Florida Conference of Catholic Bishops. This is a part-time, contract position for 20 hours a week with flexible scheduling.
- Develop, launch and analyze social strategies and campaigns for events and initiatives, from inception through post-launch
- Champion innovative ideas and execute activations and strategies that align with Rising Tide's mission and build meaningful connections to our audiences
- Implement an editorial calendar to manage day-to-day flow including creative output, post scheduling and social listening
- Develop and own goal and performance metrics for campaigns; monitor regularly to understand effectiveness of strategy and creative, making recommendations for continuous improvement
- Present to leadership regularly on key metrics and progress to goals
- Continuously ideate and innovate within the social space
- Research, create, edit and publish engaging social media and web-based content including bimonthly blog posts
- 3 years of proven success with social media marketing support
- Experience managing social media platforms for non-profit or social enterprise and using platform tools
- Experience in Catholic education or education policy
- Understanding of Catholic doctrine related to school management and educational advocacy
- Knowledge of the legislative process and the role of school choice in Florida's education reform movement
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Passion for ensuring that all children who desire a Catholic education have access to one
- Belief that all children are capable of success in Catholic schools
- Appetite for working with deep levels of political, geographic and financial diversity
- Proficiency in Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Google
- Strong multitasking skills, exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Dependable, efficient and resourceful with impeccable integrity
- Sense of humor and spirit of positivity
Step Up For Students believes strongly in two key core values, and it is the responsibility of all employees to demonstrate these values in their everyday work to maintain a positive and effective organizational culture.
Everyone is an asset.
Every event is an improvement opportunity.
This position regularly requires the abilities of sitting, fingering or manual dexterity, grasping, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
This position is an office environment with very limited exposure to any outside fumes, odors, heat and/or weather conditions.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media