- - Finance
- Jacksonville, FL, USA
- Full Time
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k and more.
Responsible for scholarship distributions for the Florida Tax Credit program to include quarterly distributions with day-to-day interaction with the Provider Relations Department. Additional responsibilities include invoicing to schools, collection of school accounts receivable, review of the Agreed Upon Procedures reports provided by schools, assisting with monthly closings and account analyses, preparing ad-hoc financial information and supporting the department in carrying out its responsibilities. Be a key team member in the finance department of an organization with rapid growth and opportunity.
- Issuance of quarterly scholarship distributions to schools.
- Issuance of monthly invoicing and statements to schools.
- Collection of open school accounts receivables.
- Month-end close reconciliation of Accounts Receivable and other accounts requested by General Accounting Manager
- Interaction with Provider Relations Department and schools.
- Assist Program Accounting Manager with School Agreed Upon Procedures CPA Report Reviews.
- Assist CFO, Controller and Program Accounting Manager with annual audit(s) and tax return requests
- Develop process improvements to work efficiently and effectively.
The above is not an all-inclusive list of all duties performed by this job title, only a representative summary of the primary duties and responsibilities. Incumbent may be required to perform other additional duties as assigned. This position will report to Program Accounting Manager.
An Associate of Science degree in Accounting or Bachelor's degree in Accounting is preferred or an equivalent of 3 – 5 years of accounting experience is required. Strong Microsoft Excel skills required. Experience with financial systems software required, Financial Edge, SAP, and Epicor preferred. Non-profit Accounting and Banking experience a plus. Strong, concise written and oral communication skills necessary; must be able to work under pressure, meet deadlines, multi-task and work independently.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Understanding of Accounting theory and concepts and ability to apply them in practice.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and experience with audited financial statements.
- Knowledge of accounts payable and accounts receivable subsystems, processes and transaction processing operations.
- Experience with month end close process and accounting operations.
- Experience with general ledger, preparation of general ledger and bank account reconciliations.
- Interpersonal skills to facilitate communication within the organization as well as with parties outside the organization.
Step Up For Students believes strongly in two key core values, and it is the responsibility of all employees to demonstrate these values in their everyday work in order to maintain a positive and effective organizational culture.
Everyone is an asset.
Every event is an improvement opportunity.
This position regularly requires the abilities of sitting, fingering or manual dexterity, grasping, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
This position is an office environment with very limited exposure to any outside fumes, odors, heat and/or weather conditions.