- - Information Technology
- Jacksonville, FL, USA
- Full Time
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K and more.
Responsible for the building, deployment and support of custom software applications and product integrations. Charged with providing specific tiered support for custom applications. The Software Developer will provide weekly status updates to the IT director or designee of ongoing projects. Requires participation in the modification of software applications or architecture to resolve issues and plan for future growth. This position will report to the Director of Software Technology.
- Develops and manages effective working relationships with other departments, groups or personnel with whom work must be coordinated.
- Develops, tests, documents and implements high quality applications on time and in accordance with specifications and supporting documents.
- Analyze performance of programs and take actions to correct any discrepancies.
- Adheres to development standards that allow for maintenance of software systems that supports team development.
- Provide troubleshooting and resolution of support issues.
- Provide consultation for the evaluation of software systems.
- Provide the implementation and deployment of new software systems.
- Participate in rotating on-call schedule for 24 x 7 x 365 support.
The above is not an all-inclusive list of all duties performed by this job title, only a representative summary of the primary duties and responsibilities. Incumbent may be required to perform other additional duties as assigned.
Associate Degree and two years of work experienceor a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Systems. Minimum of two years developing enterprise wide software solutions. Minimum of two years of experience with .NET technologies (C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET, Entity Framework). Minimum of three years of experience with MS-SQL writing stored procedures and database scheme design. Minimum of three years of experience with Microsoft operating systems.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of current technology solutions for internet, hand held/mobile devices, personal computers and networks.
- Experience with developing and deploying web applications in Microsoft Windows.
- Ability to take direction and follow through with assignments.
- Good planning, organizing and problem-solving skills.
- Use initiative, exercise good judgment, and exhibit business savvy orientation.
- Very strong conceptual, analytical, judgment and communication abilities are critical.
- Possesses computer hardware knowledge.
Step Up For Students believes strongly in two key core values, and it is the responsibility of all employees to demonstrate these values in their everyday work in order to maintain a positive and effective organizational culture.
Everyone is an asset.
Every event is an improvement opportunity.
This position regularly requires the abilities of sitting, fingering or manual dexterity, climbing, walking, lifting, grasping, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
This position is an office environment with very limited exposure to any outside fumes, odors, heat and/or weather conditions.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media