- - Information Technology
- Jacksonville, FL, USA
- Full Time
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k and More.
Responsible for troubleshooting and resolving software applications through data modification and software development. He/she will assist the QA team with testing and resolution of software bugs and develop new software to support administration and configuration of custom software applications.
- Share in the development, deployment and support of a variety of software applications and systems that use various technologies including Microsoft .NET tools and MS-SQL database
- Be available for on-call schedule for 24 x 7 x 365 2nd tier support
- Participate in the modification of software applications or architecture to resolve issues and plan for future growth
- Provide support for the Quality Assurance team by developing automated testing applications and supports them by configuring systems to enabled tests.
- Occasionally may provide configuration management support for deployment of web applications using both automated and manual processes.
- Research and recommendations for new software development technologies to utilize in our systems.
The above is not an all-inclusive list of all duties performed by this job title, only a representative summary of the primary duties and responsibilities. Incumbent may be required to perform other additional duties as assigned.
This position requires a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Systems. A minimum of four years of experience may be substituted for a Bachelor's degree or two years of experience with an associate degree with an emphasis in Computer Science.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve complex issues.
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance testing procedures.
- A thorough understanding of Microsoft.net tools and MS-SQL.
- Ability to work both individually and as part of a team when needed.
Step Up For Students believes strongly in two key core values, and it is the responsibility of all employees to demonstrate these values in their everyday work in order to maintain a positive and effective organizational culture.
Everyone is an asset.
Every event is an improvement opportunity.
This position regularly requires the abilities of sitting, fingering or manual dexterity, climbing, walking, lifting, grasping, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
This position is an office environment with very limited exposure to any outside fumes, odors, heat and/or weather conditions.