- - Human Resources
- Jacksonville, FL, USA
This position is responsible for working on the day-to-day Human Resources assignments to include; ensuring compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment, reviewing and filing of HR documents and employee records, reviewing monthly invoices and more. It demands a high degree of adaptability and flexibility in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment, as well as a high level of confidentiality and integrity. This is a paid internship and will require up to a 12-week commitment of at least 30 hours a week. This position will report to the Manager of Human Resources.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Participates in helping achieve department goals and objectives
- Works in tandem with HR personnel to conduct new-employee orientation
- Reviews company organization charts and employee directory
- Occasionally works in Human Resource Information System records and compiles reports from database.
- Helps ensure compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment
- Participates with special events for staff by coordinating committees and schedules
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned
- Considerable knowledge of principles and practices of personnel administration
- Proficiency in using a variety of computer software applications, especially Excel and Microsoft Office
- Ability to analyze data to determine trends
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and planning skills
- Ability to effectively learn and acquire new knowledge and skills.
- Ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines; Excellent time management skills
- Ability to prioritize and handle numerous assignments simultaneously
- Ability to share knowledge and work in a strong team oriented environment.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Current or recent enrollment in an undergraduate or graduate degree program with an interest and aptitude to work in Human Resources or non-profit management.
- Experience in HR or HR studies preferred.
- Student Member of SHRM a plus.
Step Up For Students believes strongly in two key core values, and it is the responsibility of all employees to demonstrate these values in their everyday work in order to maintain a positive and effective organizational culture.
Everyone is an asset
Every event is an improvement opportunity
- This position occasionally requires the abilities of standing, walking, lifting or exerting forces up to 20lbs., reaching or stretching, climbing or balancing, crouching or stooping, crawling, depth perception.
- This position frequently requires the abilities of sitting, fingering or manual dexterity, repetitive finger motion, speaking, hearing and seeing colors.
- This position is an office environment with very limited exposure to any outside fumes, odors, heat and/or weather conditions.