- - Information Technology
- Jacksonville, FL, USA
- Full Time
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K and more.
The SQL Developer is responsible for developing, optimizing and supporting SQL systems utilized in custom application development, 3rd party product integrations and line of business applications. This position will report to the Manager of Business Intelligence and Data.
- Develops, tests, documents and implements high quality SQL database solutions including SQL Stored Procedures and SSIS Packages on time and in accordance with specifications and supporting documents.
- Proactively analyzes performance of stored procedures, queries and reports in order to take actions to correct any discrepancies.
- Adheres to standards that allow for maintenance of SQL systems that supports team development.
- Provides troubleshooting and resolution of support issues.
- Provides consultation for the evaluation of SQL and Data Systems.
- Provides the implementation and deployment of SQL solutions.
- Performs data migrations using T-SQL, SSIS or other package.
- Create and develop SQL scripts to execute data test strategies in order to verify enhancements meet business requirements and data is at an acceptable quality threshold.
- Provides ongoing status report updates for current projects.
- Participates in rotating on-call schedule for 24 x 7 x 365 support.
- Works with IT counterparts and management team to employ analysis and design techniques including database schema design to ensure business goals.
- Develops and manages effective working relationships with other departments, groups or personnel with whom work must be coordinated.
- Participates in systems development lifecycle stages including architecture specifications and design; application configuration; database design; programming; quality assurance; testing and implementation; and ongoing maintenance and support.
- Meets professional obligations through efficient work habits such as, meeting deadlines, honoring schedules, coordinating resources and meetings in an effective and timely manner, and demonstrates respect for others.
The above is not an all-inclusive list of all duties performed by this job title, only a representative summary of the primary duties and responsibilities. Incumbent may be required to perform other additional duties as assigned.
A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems; or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience. Five years of SQL OLTP or Data Warehouse Development experience. Five years with Microsoft operating systems. Three years of developing and delivering database solutions in an enterprise environment. Version Control Systems such as Microsoft Team Foundation Server or other comparable systems preferred. Database tools and development experience including SSIS, SSRS, SSAS and Microsoft Business Intelligence Development Studio are a plus. MCTS (Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist), MCSA (Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate) or MCSE (Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert) in SQL Server / Data Platform, preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of current and future technology solutions for the Internet, hand held devices, personal computers and networks.
- Knowledge of and the ability to apply best practices including change management, effective error handling and performance instrumentation.
- Knowledge of advanced RDMS concepts such as replication mirroring, clustered technology, and partitioning.
- Ability to develop and optimize T-SQL statements, stored procedures, database schema, Microsoft SQL Reporting Services Reports and Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services Packages.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to take initiative, exercise good judgment and exhibit business savvy orientation.
- Excellent conceptual, analytical, and judgment abilities
Step Up For Students believes strongly in two key core values, and it is the responsibility of all employees to demonstrate these values in their everyday work in order to maintain a positive and effective organizational culture.
Everyone is an asset.
Every event is an improvement opportunity.
This position occasionally requires the abilities of standing, walking, lifting or exerting forces up to 20lbs., reaching or stretching, climbing or balancing, crouching or stooping, crawling, depth perception.
This position frequently requires the abilities of sitting, fingering or manual dexterity, repetitive finger motion, speaking, hearing and seeing colors.
This position is an office environment with very limited exposure to any outside fumes, odors, heat and/or weather conditions